Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Monsanto's War of Words to keep Real Milk off our tables

In the US, Giant chemical maker and GM seed marketer, Monsanto is taking dairy farmers who have chosen to NOT use their product, Posilac, a recombinant bovine somatotropin, to court. They claim the farmers are using deceptive wording on their milk containers.

Unease about the additive's safety persists. A 2003 report by the Cana­dian Veterinary Medical Association con­cluded that rBST increased the risk of mastitis in cows by about 25 percent, increased the risk of cows failing to conceive by 40 percent and increased the risk of lameness by 55 percent. While consumers regularly express concern about risks to human health, including premature sexual development, no studies have confirmed these suspicions.

Who'd be a cow these days? Hmm... who'd be a human?


Here's the report

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I read your newsletter I sometimes wonder about our beloved leaders. It is perhaps safer not to drink the milk at all. I seem to remember reading something aboutthe matter saying that man does no need milk after he has been weaned anyway. Monsanto is at it again!

deafman said...

I stopped drinking milk or touching it for a long time, over five years ago.

I used to love my wheatbix breakfast with milk, and sugar.

Not anymore. My body just when flipflop around on me. It turned me around to other alternatives ways of eating and drinking.

When I was a kid, my family used to drink a bottle or two of Coke, the red one, every week. With fish and chips once a week, (KFC) Kentucky Fried Chicken once a week. That went on for years. But the older I get the less I like 'em. I mean, so much fried, so much salt, so much boring foods. I didn't know what else is there to eat out there. The internet is great, you can find out anything, and get the thing that feels right, with your body and your mind and your heart. To hell with companies that tries to push rubbish artificial fake foods. I don't have to buy any of their rubbish. My money is my power. And remember, the Customer is always right, because the money is in our hands, not in these scum companies hands. They lose! We, the people, Win! So, you don't have to drink rubbish, eat rubbish, just because they say it's good for you. You must question, question, question, and again, question, everything you read, see, hear, touch. Is this real? Is this good? Test, test, test! Check, double-check, and triple-check, and again, quadriple-check all over again to be sure that the stuff you're eating or drinking is good, or not. It's your body. Not their body. They don't own the body you're are inhabiting and walking around in. Simple, ain't it? It's called Individial Rights to Property and Peace of Mind, Pursuit of Happiness. I will eat what I, I, I, want. Not what they want me to eat. My rights. My mind. My body. My health. Not theirs. Because if there is a Food & Drink Police, and they come to force me to eat rubbish, then I shall fight, rise up and fight, with whatever I have at hand and fight the Food & Drink Dictatorship that these companies wish to create. To hell with them, by crom!