Friday, August 10, 2007

Shi Tzus Ain't Dumb Animals...an Alkaline Story


Over the years I've become used to hearing stories about dogs and their
alkaline water preferences, to the point where I advise people in doubt to put down two bowls of water; one tap water and one alkaline water and see what the dog chooses.

After Barry's story last week of his Great Dane saved by alkaline water, Margie from Ireland sent me this email.

"Hi Ian,
I adopted my Shih Tzu, Miescha as a puppy, straight from the nest. I have only ever given her Alkaline water in her woof bowl. Recently we were on a trip for a few days from home, with the last of our water supply gone, I gave her ordinary "clean" tap water, thinking that she was be thirsty enough to drink anything. How wrong I was, Miescha would not drink the tap water... she turned her nose up at it, walked away and waited till we got home. When we got home I gave her the usual Jupiter Alkaline water, and she drained the whole bowl, normally a full days supply. I have since tested her to see if it was a one off situation, but she will not drink tap water. I thought that I was the picky one in this family, but now I have been outdone by my pooch! She is more like a human than most humans, but she has proven to me that there is no substitute for quality.... and maybe dogs have a more respect for their body than most humans!"

No comments: