Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hooked.

I'm hooked. Cassie has been on a low-to-no-carb diet for FIVE months! (The courage of that woman!) She did it because she has never been able to overcome her gluten, lactose, potato, prawn etc etc etc allergies. And she did it because she was bloody desperate. After all, who would go on a diet like this unless they were desperate?

You see, the one thing you almost completely cut out of your diet is a wonderful, all-pervasive, powerful white powder. This white powder is such a popular drug that most of us consume about a kilo a week. Thank God we can take it orally rather than up the nose.
Yes, you got it. It's sugar.

The theory behind her diet is that once over her addiction, her body will revert to its original and most natural method of energy generation; ketones. I can tell you, it's been pretty tough going for me as well as her, but in the last month I have witnessed her eat foods she hasn't been able to eat for years.. so... I'm going to try it. 

It's my SECOND day on it and I've spent most of the day flat on my back, exhausted, and when Cassie sent me this piece, I understood what was happening to me. I'm telling you, sugar is a hell of a drug.
"Common, "good" low carb diet side effects include reduced cravings for sugars and starches; increased energy; reduced bloated and gassy, upset stomach feelings; improved bowel movements; regulated blood sugar levels and blood pressure levels; loss of excess water retention; and of course, loss of excess body fat."

Yup, that's me today. Day TWO

Anyway, I'm doing it. Lots of coco oil, meat, fish, chicken, fat, and green vegetables. NO fruit. Can I do it? Is it just another fad diet? What does Cassie give him that makes him do these crazy things? Stay tuned!

And if you are interested here's the web address of the 69-year-old woman who inspired Cassie.

No comments: