Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day Nine in a diet to die for... I see the light.

Didn't post yesterday.. just too busy. However I have something interesting.. and to me - excellent to report. I love fruit. Or at least I can now say I loveD fruit. But every morning, even before my banana-and coconut oil- and- green powder smoothie, I'd be hawking up phlegm. Day after day, no idea why. Well, I think I've cracked it. It was the banana. Yes, that favourite potassium laden gift from Heaven.. but it was giving me Hell. I'm phlegm-free. Not the sort of thing you usually 'bring up' in conversation but I hope you are interested enough to forgive me.

What's really coming up with this diet is the relationship of protein and carbs. This works, it appears, as a sort of parasitic relationship, with the carbs as the parasite. Knock carbs out of your diet and none of the rules we've been taught about fats, fruit, dairy make sense any more. Fat in particular  regains its rightful place as a provider of energy, having toppled king Sugar from his overarching reach.Obviously, in relation to protein, you don't over-indulge. Excess protein intake dumps into the system as pure acid, eating away at your bone as you sleep off your overloaded belly.

I seem to have passed through the stages of detox and change that this diet usually serves up in loads more quickly than most. I can only assume that this is because I was already a great greens eater and an Alkalarian. I do believe that a SAD  person would have the symptoms far more than I do. Thank you Jesuss!

No comments: