Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 5: Ian's Diet to Die For

Well, if being 'on track' with a diet is good, I'm good. If being on track equals feeling good.. I'm a  failure.
Last night I had the biggest cramp in the leg I've had since my cramps stopped eleven years ago when I began alkaline ionized water. This morning I have absolutely no interest in food.. not assisted by my sugar-coloured view of a  lo-to-no carb breakfast. Then there's the fogginess. Yesterday I had superb clarity of mind. Today I'm a  walking fug, which made Cassie break into a big smile because  she said "Ah! This is the symptoms of candida" Apparently mindfog happens when the candida gets seriously out-of-sorts because of the diet. "It will pass." she said with a self-congratulatory smile. Emotionally, I'm wide open, and Cassie commented that she has never felt clearer and more aware than after her 5 months on the diet to die for.

I opened my copy of Morthern Spears' 2011 Gratitude Diary. It has a wonderful inspired pictures and quotes at the beginning of every month, and I happened to open it at May 2011 headed Addiction.

The quote was from Rumi the Sufi.

"Just sit there and don't do a thing. Just rest.
For your separation from God is the hardest work in this world.
Let me bring you trays of food and something that you like to drink.
You can use my soft words as a cushion for your head."

And suddenly I sobbed. Not from sadness, just from the awareness of the amazing power of our addiction to so many things we take as normal until they are taken away.

No comments: