Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day Seven: A diet to die for. Plus "mineralwaters.org"

Off to Brisbane today, and we have a lunch appointment with Dawn and Dr Gerry Brady, old friends. Gerry and Dawn have been on alkaline water for six years now; their trusty Melody just keeps on going. We spent time in Italy last year with them both and they - like us - love La Dolce Vita, especially with food!

So we had to think about how we would prepare ourselves for our visit given that dawn is a great cook and would probably have something ready that 'broke all the rules' of our Diet to Die for. So just before arriving, we stopped at their local deli and bought a  few slices of turkey and beef. So funny - a few years ago we would have been searching for vegetarian items; now we search for MEAT! Anyway, Dawn's rabbit and lentil dish was yummy, and our (unburnt) meat offering was appreciated.

While there, Gerry directed me to mineralwaters.org, a site with the mineral composition of all known mineral waters in the world. You can click on your country and compare alkalizing ability. I looked at the local Coca Cola bottled water, Mt. Franklin, and then at a couple of the Austrian ones. Very clear who cares about health. Take a look at the minerals in Gussinger water here then the Mt Franklin here.

Feeling very clearheaded today; over the foggy mind of yesterday. It seems I'm passing through the detox stage of the diet quickly. It's strange to experience my new food attitude. Normally I love my food and will eagerly anticipate it. Now that's not the case; but I had some grilled tomatoes yesterday - perhaps the best I have ever experienced. It couldn't have been the tomatoes; they were our usual Farmers' market variety, so it had to be me. I changed.

No comments: