Friday, February 8, 2008

Too Much Water?

Craig emailed me today about his hospitalised sister:

"I thought this was a very interesting fact.
my sister in law has just be admitted into royal perth hospital for having seizures
doctors have told her that her sodium levels are very low, and drinking to much water can be harmful.
The doctor has told her to stop drinking lots of water, its not good for you
interesting...."

Craig, I'm not surprised. Drinkers of reverse Osmosis water, distilled water or straight rainwater can expect this effect if they seek to hydrate by drinking large amounts of water. Why? Because the body's water - the water every cell in our body is bathed in, is saline, alkaline and mineralised!

It's our inner sea, so drinking 'pure' water is about the most unnatural thing you can do. When in our evolution did we drink pure water.? A stream, a spring, a lake; they are all mineralised!

So of course your sister in law's drinking habit was reducing her sodium. Sodium, magnesium, potassium and calcium are all essentail parts of your alkalien buffer, the storehouse the body accumulates to battle your acid tide.

I have seen people's actual visage change when they have begun drinking ionized alkaline water. Their friends have told them they look more 'hydrated'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On a slight different subject, I was drinking huge amounts of Distilled Water & was noticing on occasions pains on each side of my heart. Well I think it was my heart or in very close range of my heart. Then at times, the pains were both sides at once.

After giving up the Distilled Water & going onto bottled water, the pains went away quicker than you could say, I feel better now.

I never went the the doctors to have it checked out, yes stupid me, but as I said, no more pain at all.

Now i'm drinking about 5-7 litres of Alkaline Water a day & I couldn't think of anything better to drink other than the occasional fresh fruit juice!

Perth Alkaline Man