Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cancer recognition through Discrimination

I've long been intrigued by the link between some health philosophies and victim consciousness. It has seemed to me that there are some ideas that (especially on the net) are reborn again and again, always under the protective and attractive mantle of 'information they tried to supress'.

It also appears that some of the people are attracted to these 'perennial philosophies' use the same form of discrimination on everything else. It's not hard to see it when almost every email they send you is about yet another
'hidden truth', 'supressed health knowledge' or shocking revelation. I do wonder sometimes whether these people would be happy with a victim-less idea!

Can
cer, being the enormously controversial subject that it is, attracts manyn of these 'supressed information' concepts and they do regularly appear in my InBox.

Here's such a c
ancer therapy idea that I first saw some years ago, and that was sent to me again in another of its internet reincarnations.

On studying it, I tried to understand how it could be useful and gave up. That doesn't mean it's wrong; it just means I didn't have enough
need to know. Another one I've discussed on this page is the bicarbonate of soda cure, which to my mind seems sensible and understandable, perhaps because of my background in study of acid/alkaline balance.

These days I try valiantly to remove considerations about the motive of the sender from information I receive. Even if they do send it to me to reinforce their concept of a world ruled by shadowy entities behind large desks in multistorey buildings, it shouldn't affect my appreciation of what I read, but after the hundredth such email, it isn't getting much easier. I certainly agree with David Suzuki, who labelled the Internet 'The Information Super-Hype-Way".

No comments: