Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mr Tree and the Koala


I just have to share this pic sent to me this morning.

The fire fighter's name is Mr Tree. The report reads:

"Mr Tree said he was surprised by the reaction to the photograph, which was snapped by a fellow CFA volunteer on a mobile phone.

He said he was in the middle of backburning at Mirboo North when he saw the stricken koala.

"I could see she had sore feet and was in trouble, so I pulled over the fire truck. She just plonked herself down, as if to say 'I'm beat'," he said.

"I offered her a drink and she drank three bottles.

"The most amazing part was when she grabbed my hand. I will never forget that."

Mr Tree and his brigade then received an emergency call-out to save a house, but minutes later Sam was picked up by wildlife carers.

She is one of 22 koalas, 14 ringtail possums, several wallabies and eastern grey kangaroos that have been handed into Gippsland carers. "

And now here's a video link to the story

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you have started a blog Ian, I've bookmarked it and I keep up with you...

lindyfly said...

Bless Your Heart! got this clear up in Spokane, ID It is a good good world. Thank you for caring! Lindy Flynn