Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Video to challenge everything you thought you knew about your brain.



Neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor had an opportunity few brain scientists would wish for: One morning, she realized she was having a massive stroke. As it happened -- as she felt her brain functions slip away one by one, speech, movement, understanding -- she studied and remembered every moment. This is a powerful story of recovery and awareness -- of how our brains define us and connect us to the world and to one another.


I'd really like to hear your comments on this talk. I 'll share mine; a bad night's sleep! The idea that someone can enter the state of Nirvana is very confronting to me., because it arouses the 'victim' in me. I mean, if this lady can enter a state of ultimate consciousness and bliss at will, why can't I?

I'm sure some readere will attempt to tell me I've got it all wrong, but I can assure those of you who may think I haven't 'done the work' that I have a wonderful resume of spiritual endeavour ready to roll out to let the world know that I'm ready willing and waiting to 'graduate' to her sdtate of consciousness.

Anyway, as they say, before enlightenment, carry water, shovel dung. After enlightenment, carry water, shovel dung.

For those of you without sound, a transcript of her talk is here

No comments: