Thursday, March 22, 2007

Have You Had Your Greens Today?


A new report shows Americans are actually getting worse at eating their vegetables.

This is hardly the first study to document dismal diet habits. Last week, the CDC gave U.S. adults poor marks for fruit and vegetable consumption.

Now, researchers from Johns Hopkins University confirm that Americans aren't getting better at eating fruits and vegetables -- even though public health officials urge them to do so.

The Johns Hopkins study shows that, among U.S. adults, fruit consumption is holding steady, but vegetable consumption is headed down -- even if you count french fries.

The study appears in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine.

Ian's comment; Hey, I feel for the Yanks! I am no Popeye and I'm very glad of the support of alkaline water and green foods, especially Dr. Young's Supergreens. With one dose in water I've done all my green quota for the day plus all sorts of excellent detox herbs.

No comments: