Thursday, May 6, 2010

Say No to GMO Dupe


I don't know about you, but with the realisation that as an ordinary human I'm carrying in excess of 600 foreign chemical compounds around has prompted me to be something of a foodstore vigilante, scrutinising food labels meticulously. Cassie has gone further, ringing manufacturers to ensure the dreaded gluten hasn't slipped through their slippery descriptions like "No Wheat Used In This product" which is doublespeak for "Gluten may, or may not, be in our product but because we need to cover our corporate a__es, we are just saying 'No Wheat'"

So when Mike Adams, Health Ranger, alerted me to the fact that the US government is pushing an amendment to CODEX banning GMO content notification on food labelling.. well.. I saw red. How could this be anything but a sneaky behind-the-scenes move by the likes of Monsanto peddling influence to protect their "Frankenstein food"?

Mike alerted me to a petition now circulating and if you think like me, here it is.

No comments: