Monday, May 3, 2010

Cancer Stories


I received this email today from a dear lady faced with breast cancer:

"Hello Ian, Have just read your little book about acid/alkaline. Have just started to read about it as I have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer bone mets. You said that you have come across a lot of cancer success stories? Just wondering about them? Also saw a website and contacted the author Vernon on www. phkillscancer.com and he claims to have killed his cancer cells dead with a bicarb soda/maple syrup regime over 10 days. When I contacted him I asked if he had heard of anyone else who had done this and he said that one other man has done it. I tried this regime, but in contrast to Vernon's reported PH levels, I quit because my wee PH went up too quickly to 8.0 -8.5 whereas my saliva stayed around 6.5 - over 4 days. I found it difficult to test the saliva with the strips and stix and found a difference in the test levels between the two. I was drinking a lot of alkalising greens as well which obviously affected the wee ph. All I can think is that Vernon's PH must have been balanced to start and mine was not and he didn't drink the alkalising greens. Vernon says he had a bone scan which confirmed that his cancer was gone - he took a few supplements as well and these are on the website - including potassium, coral calcium, vitamin D, echinacea, alpha lipoic acid etc. I contacted the Larry from Essence of Life that Vernon refers to and he said he didn't believe Vernon - mind you, I think Larry sells a lot of cancer products - quite a lucrative business. What do you think of Vernon's claims? do you think it is possible? I have started alkalising eating more vegies, drinking alkalising greens and have just bought one of the alkapods. Cut out sweets, choc, coffee - only one slice bread per day, a small portion of muesli with a bit of milk for breakfast, juicing and so on. Cut right down on meat - not that I was much of a meat eater anyhow. basically what you have recommended. I also have coral calcium, alpha lipoic acid, potassium, digestive enzymes etc. I gained the impression from Larry that the alkalising will definitely affect my bone mets and I will experience more pain before it gets better. Do you know anything about this and if not where I can find information on how alkalising affects bone mets? thanks"

Here's my reply:

Hi, _____,

Since writing my book the TGA has become very vigilant. Understandably, of course, because cancer is something so powerful emotionally that many many people try to use its power to make money. So I cannot give you actual testimonials for people who have given me their stories.

Yes, we have quite a few amazing cancer stories, but fundamentally after 11 years I have to say that in my opinion all ‘C’ treatments are always relative to what we might call the tipping point.
By this I mean that it’s my understanding that we all have cancer in some form, but choose to react to it only when it threatens our current life. And while some people have lived with active preventative health regimes in place, others ‘find’ health alternatives only after many years of body neglect.

Either way, it appears that the success of all cancer treatments depend on this invisible ‘tipping point’ which varies per individual and after that point, the cancer will win. An unaware person who has ignored their health may have an earlier ‘tipping point, a healthy person a later one. And even that isn’t, in my observation, a hard and fast rule.

What I do see over and over again is that alkalizing, in whatever form you choose, MAY* assist in the support of anti-inflammatory, anti-excess acidity, and anti-immunity loss conditions. Virtually all alternative health regimes advocate alkalizing. Re the urine vs. saliva testing, I would recommend you read my attached white paper on pH testing. (here) Saliva and urine is not the same.

Keep on with what you are doing: I think you are on the right path.

And Good Luck!

Ian


*Inserted to comply with current health regulations

No comments: