Friday, November 27, 2009

Serious Stuff

I attempt to steer clear of the alternative therapy/allopathy differences, as enforced by our own Therapeutic Goods Administration. But when I read this link I was, frankly, deeply shocked us I know - perhaps more than most because of my international connections - the effect this sort of 'legislative creep' has had on the ability of ordinary Europeans to manage their own health with foods they know to be pure, organic and health supporting.

I do understand that there are a few people who seek to exploit the legislation already in place to sell a product 'under the radar' but as I see it these people are already subjected to sufficient safeguards so that their products harm no-one.

However this sort of new 'big brother' 'we choose what you eat' style of legislation has proven a total disaster in Europe.. and news in my daily OS links is only bad.

If you care about the future of natural foods in Australia, take a look at this link, and if you want to do something, here is the petition. But please. Do take action now.


No comments: