Sunday, November 29, 2009

Oxidative Stress = rust=Inflammation = acidification = ageing =

This article in Science Today suggests a new precursor cause for Alzheimers'. It's a term that's becoming very common on this blog because as the heading suggests, it's once again related to a healthy acid/alkaline balance. Oxidation is what happens when we are too acidic, and oxidative stress is the effect of oxidation.

These scientists have pinpointed the idea that oxidative stress, which occurs in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease, may modify molecules in the brain, resulting in loss or alteration of their function.

Now.. I'm not in the least bit qualified to relate an alkaline lifestyle to reduced Alzheimers' risk, but seeing acidification pop up again and gain as the culprit in so many deteriorative 'Boomer' health conditions does assure me that I'm on the right track personally in my Alkalarian lifestyle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I inclination not agree on it. I think nice post. Particularly the appellation attracted me to study the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog, I had not noticed ionlife-healthemail.blogspot.com before in my searches!
Continue the great work!