Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cancer Story and a Call for help

The problem with most blogs is that unless a respondent puts a contact point on their comment, I can't reach them. I received this comment today, and encourage anyone who reads it to contact the lady involved. I hope that she conatacts me as a result of this post so i'll have an email to pass on.

"Hi, my Mum had primary cancers in her thyroid gland and in her bronchial passage/lung. They operated and took out her thyroid and did radio therapy on her neck and lung but the cancer was incredibly aggressive and it spread with secondaries in her neck, many in her lungs and a large secondary in the adrenal gland.

My Dad was a doctor for 50 years (retired now) and he has embraced the bicarb treatment and has been using it on my mum orally and via a drip into her veins. She has also been inhaling it using some sort of nebuliser (don't know spelling sorry) and also as a vaginal suppository.

Unfortunately she is also having chemo although I think it is either in mild doses or the alternate procedures she is following at the same time are reducing the side effects of chemo for her for now. Since starting the bicarb treatments, the cancer in her neck has disappeared, as have some of the secondaries in the lungs.

The other secondaries in her lungs have reduced in size but the one in her adrenal gland has gained in size. I know Simoncini advocates an arterial catheter close to the site of the cancer. I presume this is because the body converts the bicarb quickly in the blood so putting it in the veins (as my dad has been doing) may help with generally alkalizing her body (it is now alkaline all the time where before it was highly acidic) but it is probably broken down before it can get to specific sites like the bronchia and adrenal gland.

So after this long winded explanation I guess I'm trying to find out if there are any anaesthetists in Australia who are open to inserting arterial catheters so this treatment might be given a chance to be effective. Like EricaJ, I am looking for the Simoncini method in Australia. Does anyone know or is there somewhere you might suggest I look? ps my mum's name is Erica too :-)

Thank you so much for your help and good luck to all of you that are looking for help for themselves or people they love. Anything has to be better than a belligerent and unsympathetic doctor who instead of saying, "Look, I can't do any more through traditional methods but go out and try whatever you can to get well", tells people to "go home and die".

It makes me so mad! Anyway, that is why there are blogs like these. Thanks again and sorry for the rant."

Ian: anyone?? and.. much more info and thread here

No comments: