Friday, July 18, 2008

What's making us fat?

Now it's Cortisol, the stress hormone, that's causing us to be fat, according to this article in LA times.

Studies have shown that Cortisol makes people crave rich sweets in the worst way -- and pile on pounds in the worst place, around the middle, putting a body at risk for bad cholesterol, heart attacks and strokes. One study compared women with high waist-to-hip ratios to women with low waist-to-hip ratios and found that the former secreted more cortisol in stressful lab situations and self-reported more stressful feelings.

So.. let's get this clear. Stress causes Cortisol, cortisol causes us to crave sweets.

So why don't I feel right about the study? Probably because of Ken Smith.

Ken is from NZ. He downloaded my free Alkaline Balance Program and took it to heart. I have to say ken is a big bloke. An ex weight lifting camp, he has had some serious health challenges and the weight piled on.. as it does.

So when Ken read my Program, he decided that being alkaline had to be a better bet than where he was. He immediately began on Core Greens and as soon as he could, he took delivery of his own Alphion water Alkalizer. A month late ken is lighter by 10.5 KG!

So... what happened? It seems pretty obvious that ken isn't manufacturing the Cortisol that the study says makes people eat rubbish. But it's a real chicken or the egg. Did he lose weight and change his dietary needs because of the lack of cortisol, or because he is suddenly healthier because he has rebalanced back to his former alkaline natural state? I think if I asked Ken he wouldn't really care. He's laughing all the way to the alkalizer. BTW if you want to contact him, Kiwis, here's his email

And here's the big payoff. "I don't WANT the foods I once hungered for! I WANT to eat alkalizing foods!" said Ken when he visited me this week. I've just lost the desire for those foods!
Late Update: a week later and Ken is now 12.5KG down!

No comments: