Saturday, May 24, 2008

Cluster Bombs; the nasty end of humanity

I don't, as a rule, bring up subjects like this but I'm going to anyway, mainly because I do have this belief that there are people like me who read this blog; people who hold to the idea of making a difference.

In Australia, we have a highly successful organisation known as
Getup, which although few in membership, had a profound effect on our last election because of its ability to combine web-based creativity with targeted lobbying. Here's an example of what Getup does, and my reason for posting is that I have a personal abhorrence of weapons designed to indiscriminately kill.. and cluster bombs and land mines, as far as I can see, are about the worst invention for a long time.

The world is changing, and nations are seeing that there can be a better way, but some nations, for purely economic reasons,a re choosing not to support change. Sadly, my country is one of those few.

Take a look
and see how Getup works.

No comments: