Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The World is an Acidic One


As I was working on my computer I couldn't help but hear Lalita, one of our Wellbeing Counsellors here at ION LIFE on the phone, saying that 'TV is acidifying'.

I had to think about it a moment - but she
is right. TV is depressing, especially with all the climate change news. TV is acidifying becasue it's depressing, newspapers are acidifying, driving to work is acidifying, working on a computer is acidifying... prompting me to wonder whether we'll actually have to worry about climate change. Some days I think it's a race between climate change and acid for claiming my life.

Of course I'm one of the lucky ones; I alkalize every day. But when I see what people have in their shopping baskets at the supermarket checkout, I admit, it's sometimes a despairing view.

I read a simply amazing article on the recent history of food posted on the New York Times website recently, entitled 'Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.' by Michael Pollan, Knight professor of Journalism at the University of California, Berkeley. His most recent book, “The Omnivore’s Dilemma,” was chosen by the editors of The New York Times Book Review as one of the 10 best books of 2006. You'll see why when you read this amazing article! If you go to the Amazon site listed above you can also see an interview of Mr Pollan - a good laugh about US eaters; the 'Children of Corn'

Find it here

No comments: