Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Who is an expert? The guy that listens to one more internet rave than you.

Another mail I received today demonstrates he difficulty people have in getting the truth about alkaline ionized water. I'm reproducing parts of the emails below.

Hi, Ian,

I am doing my research and pondering how to go about getting a new waterfilter, and your AlkaWay filters make a lot of sense to me.
My naturopath pointed me to an article of Dr Mercola who thinks drinking alkaline water long term is not good for your health.

I had many problems last year with what allopathic med. described as to much stomach acid, however I now know now it is just the opposite ! - not enough.

Drinking water with apple cider when I feel pain, and adding digestive enzymes helps, and I am off all the expensive anti acid medication.

I am concerned that alka water could further lower my stomach acid,
Would you be so kind to give me your viewpoint of findings on this please.

Jane

My reply:

Hello, Jane

Yes, we are well aware of Dr Mercola's piece. It came a bit of a bombshell because up until that time I had respect for him. When I realised it was step one in a sophisticated marketing campaign move into water filters, I wasn't surprised.

He wasn't just off beam with so many things.. he received thousands of emails protesting at his inaccuracies and did nothing. At that point I realised he was up to something... and shortly after he presented his 'deal' with Mr Houston, selling the standard Aquasana water filters under his own brand.

Of course there's nothing wrong with an Aquasana filter it's a good allround entry level water filter. But it seems that to boost sales Doc Joe had to trash water ionizers and at the time I recorded a rather angry video.


It's unfortunate that the internet creates experts through the simple fact that they can send out 20 million emails a month. Joe Mercola is absolutely NOT an expert on ionized water and the man he is talking to is either way off beam or complicit in the plan to sell tons of his product.

His expertise is in selling lots of things to lots of people like you and me.

The stomach acid issue is, as you'd expect, an old one as well, and Sang Whang, author of 'Reverse Aging' explains it perfectly here:



In my ten years of helping people with alkaline water I've experienced at most 3 people who had digestive problems as a result of drinking our water. In each case we simply said stop and here's your money back.

May I suggest you ask your naturopath to contact me? We have so many naturopaths recommending our water that it surprised me that he believed Dr Joe.

Trusting this is useful to you,
Ian
..and finally, Jane's reply

Hi Ian,


Thank you for this, it was very helpful.

The Naturopath is my best friend, and by now I possibly know more about water filters that she, because I have done a lot of homework on this.

She is treating me with a German bio resonance machine, and I do have results, slowly slowly.


In our conversations I mentioned that I was very impressed by your water filters and that I was considering saving up for it. She recieves Dr Mercola's newsletters, and forwarded me an article on Clucosamine, and that he now knows a better option ( a product he sells ofcourse :--) ) So I am always very interested in health and got a strong intention to shift out of bad habits I have created over the yeas and so I liked  his newsletter as well.


Now, when we both saw the info on water and his non approval I became very insecure , since my stomach acid story last year got me into a lot of painful trouble and two times swallowing that damn tube ;--) , it was Eileen Hollingsworth article that prompted me to go off the anti acids and drink vinegar as a digestive aid, and it worked wonders, so long story short, I feel once again very confident that I am steering towards your filter, and trust my own judgment there comes the second question, there are so many filters on your website, and being a five time Libra I find it hard to decide which one would be the best for me.

For now, thank you very much for your swift reply. In almost good health, Jane.

Ian: I understand that Jane has reservations. When you don't KNOW for sure the result of a change in your health regimen I always suggest checking in with your health practitioner.. which as you can see involves a need for trust on my part that the practitioner actually knows what they are talking about!

The good news is that Jane doesn't have to wait and see any more. Our new Fill2Pure bottles with alkaSachet will give her superbly filtered alkaline ionized water 24/7, or our alkaStream can attach to her faucet and provide 5000 litres per filter, all for an upfront of $399.

The times they are a-changing, and I'm happy because I can meet people where they are without this dollar hurdle preventing them from accessing relief and alkalizing their life.

No comments: