Friday, March 18, 2011

More on the lemon question

Judy emailed me this morning for the first time. Her lemon experience adds to my previous blog about lemons and alkalinity.
"Hi, Ian,
I haven’t replied before but I think our readers should know that lemons and oranges to some people can be really dangerous. My personal experience began 30 years ago when some bright doctor wrote a book recommending a morning lemon drink. Within a week I was crippled with arthritis. Thank goodness the effect is reversible but for several hours I could not move. Needless to say I found out all about oranges and lemons. I found out mandarins are different and I do very well on them but apart from the odd dash of orange or lemon in cooking I GIVE THEM A WIDE BERTH. My suggestion is to recommend the same to anyone who may have a whisper of intolerance.
Regards
Judy"

No comments: