Thursday, December 23, 2010

Meat and Greens; Balance or Polarity

I spent quite a time on the comments on the LA Times Low Carb article in my last posting. It proved to be a goldmine of information from people seriously involved in the carb vs. protein argument. 

The two graphs I've added here pinpoint the essence of the discussion, which bounced back and forth between the low fat people claiming that the low carb people ate too much meat, and the Low carb people claiming the low fat people ate too many rubbish carbs. 

I talked about the 'Good Acid and Good Alkaline Diet' in my last post, and it appears that some of the respondents can't understand that there are people who DO balance fats, meats and good carb-containing vegetables. By eliminating fructose-laden fruit, plus ALL grains, and upping my green intake, AND keeping up my alkaline ionized water supply, I'm balancing my acids and alkalis. 

Any way, some excellent comments in the discussion. Here it is.

The graphs? They were posted by an anti-carb subscriber.. but the bleeding obvious is that if you do have a diet with an excessive proportion of that diet as meat, yes, you will fall over and break your hip. But if you make use of the fat and meat as available complex protein, reduce the carbs, fruit, sugar and grains to reduce the insulin excess in the blood, and keep up the alkalizing.. well, I'd love your comments. 

And please, if you are vegetarian, please don't tell me I'm wrong. 

I was vegetarian for 12 years. I found that although I was healthy, I was also weak. And further, iw as a typical Western style vegetarian, compensating for my pangs with that old stalwart, BREAD. That's my story and I understand it may not be yours. Yes, I have read Peter Singer and I have serious problems with the whole mass meat processing supply system.. but I can't ignore good science.


No comments: