Friday, July 31, 2009

Swine Flu To-Do

After the Avian 'flu episode we have all come into the Swine Flu scene with a little more understanding of how we can get too excited too fast about it all. I was in italy watching BBC TV when it began and was subjected to interminable 'direct relays' of absolutely everything anyone in Mexico had to say about the situation. Since then of course we have seen the flu accelerate and the naysayers have had to 'hush up' some on their conspiracy theories.

As a regular onliner I have also seen that there is a phenomena on line each time it came up; first with Avian flu and now with Swine Flu. The usual suspects; the anti-vaccination people, the newsletter people who regularly blast every single government based health issue.. and predictably, the same people who claim to have cures for AIDS, cancer and all the rest.

So I have been looking at how I am manipulated not just by the media, but by the anti-media. And I have a sneaking suspicion - given that Swine flu is Google's biggest search term recently, that some people publishing their ha'pence about it are actually more interested in riding the wave of hits to a higher Google search engine rating.

So what can be said about Swine flu that makes it so different than any other flu? Nothing really, except to say as far as I can see that it's no different to all of the other bugs in that the ultimate factor is our own immunity, and immunity is something we can work with at a personal level.

And yes, I believe that I have only had one cold and no 'flu for ten years because of my own immunity, ably assisted by my alkalizing strategy.

Finally, Cassie asked me this week if I would agree to a national vaccination program, or like her, protest against it. I sat on the fence and am still there. What do you think?




No comments: