Sunday, July 12, 2009

My pH Balance Food Chart

Jacob dropped a comment on my blog this week regarding my Ph Food balancing Chart.

He loves it.. but had a couple of questions about some of the items on it. I used the book 'Acid Alkaline Food Guide' as my basis for assessment of the acid or alkaline value of the foods I have on my chart.

As most followers of the pH diet know, there are many, many versions of pH food charts on the net and they vary wildly in their food classifications. I used Dr Susan Brown's book because it is based on the very latest German research, which examines not just the pH effect of the food, but also the effect of the particular acid in the food. Some acids have a far greater effect on us than others and so, unlike the other charts you may have seen, it takes this into account.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Hi Ian

Thanks for all the excellent info.

On some ioniser machines there is a notice / warning not to take medication / supplements within 30minutes of consuming alkaline (ionised) water. What is the reasoning behind this and is it something to be conerned about?

Thanks

ian said...

hi, Mike, the ioniser makers are faced with the same quandary many suppliers of health systems share. The thousands of medicines on the market and their thousands of effects and side effects cannot be covered or fully understood by the manufacturer. Consequently they create a blanket advisory notice that sidestep the issue.

In my experience and in discussion with medico friends, it appears many drugs are based on an acid environment, so alkaline water MAY cause it to be less effective. Apparently heart medication is one example.

So they are simply being careful.