Wednesday, December 24, 2008

New Book by Mary Enig and Sally Fallon

When Cassie and I wrote 'The Untold Truth About Coconut Oil', one of our mainstay research sources was the redoubtable Dr Mary Enig, author of 'Know Your Fats'. She is one of two women I really respect in health matters because of their astounding research.

The other is Sally Fallon, President of the Weston A. Price Foundation.

Now they have cooperated to produce a book that I think is an absolute read for anyone not yet really conversant with the cooking oils and trans fats debate. Frankly, although I know and appreciate how hard it is for people to find the time to research health matters, I believe this issue is one everyone needs to read. Why? Because I believe that trans fats are killing us by the millions, that's why!

There. Now I've said it. Here's more information about it, and you can get it by clicking below.

1 comment:

David Thompson said...

The book sounds great but doesn't it promote the acid end of the diet (fat, meat, dairy) and conflict with other blog items supporting diabetes cure and Mediterranean Diet? Where do we find the balance?
How about writing up a synthesis of good fats/bad fats, acid/alkaline balance?