Friday, December 5, 2008

Are We Really Programmed to Consume?

My son Neil directed us to this site. He came in very excited, talking about a 'Pursuit of Happiness' program he ha watched.

He followed up by describing a nephew of Sigmund Freud who had basically brainwashed America with the government's endorsement. Being skeptical of conspiracy theories, I was a little slow in following hios advice to watch the program. But when i watched it and saw the effect Edward bernais had on America I was staggered. He singlhandedly converted ordinary citizens from people who only bought when they needed to industry-driven consumers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to watch this show, but can't find anything called "Pursuit of Happiness". I have found a series of 4 BBC documentaries called "The Century Of The Self" about this topic - is this the one your son saw? Thanks in advance.