Tuesday, June 17, 2008

And While the Hounds bay...

The hounds are certainly baying right now with articles in local magazines telling us that alkaline water is bad stuff, written by a lady selling our only competitor's water filter.

What is a real laugh is the use of a discredited report from Japan about baby rats having heart problems from drinking alkaline water, especially in the light of this story that hit my desk this week from David Bergman, an ION LIFE alkaline water drinker.

"9 months ago I had painful arthritis in my elbow and fingers. More seriously I couldn’t walk because of cardio-miopothy (I lost 40% of my heart muscle performance). After drinking alkaline water my heart has regained 100% rhythm strength and my arthritis has completely disappeared – feels real good to be at work again."

and from David's partner Margaret,

"My hands were badly affected by arthritis to the point that my fingers and knuckles were all lumpy and distorted. I’ve been using a Jupiter Water Alkalizer for 9 months. Now I have no pain at all; my hands and knuckles are almost back to normal and I feel great."

..and just in this morning,

"HI Ian,
thanks for your article in the current Living Wisdom magazine. I am going to write to them and ask them to insist that all authors disclose their connections to products. I was very unsettled by the previous month's article damming alkaline water, we have had our delightful "Melody" for close to a year now and I was loving the water she gave us. Then I read the anti-alkaline article and panicked - there is plenty of heart disease in my family history and I didn't want to join in, I decided to set Melody to purified water only until I could do more research. A few busy weeks passed and then your article appeared and I read it with interest and some relief. I still kept Melody on purified only, having not had time to follow up the issues. Then I realised that some problems that I had a year ago (and I had even forgotten I had suffered from them) were returning in the time I had stopped drinking Melody's water - gastric reflux and IBS type problems among them - I will still do more research, because that is an important part of making my healthy choices for our family, but today I have switched Melody back to Alkaline and I will be relieved to return to improving health rather than declining.
Thanks for your informative reply.
best wishes
Leonie


No comments: