Monday, May 14, 2007

Sugar Update


Things are hotting up in reponses to my weekly Alkalarian Tips. Here's an email I received today from Clive:
"I read your last tip of the week regarding sugar.

I am an engineer and I worked in the Tate & Lyle Sugar refinery in East London. The way they make sugar is very basically, boil it, cool it and turn it into crystals as it cools.

The way they make brown sugar is to take white sugar and coat it with molasses. To make dark sugar, they add more molasses and to make light brown sugar, they use less molasses. I saw the process - sorry to burst your bubble.

As for "raw" sugar - do you mean complete with rat shit and bits of earth, cement dust, the odd dead body and all the other general detritus? Because that is how the raw sugar comes and that is why they refine it under clinical conditions.

So far they cannot attribute a "dodgy tummy" to anyone having eaten
refined sugar as the process is VERY clean.

The best way to avoid the acidifying problems of sugar is not to consume
it.

Regards

Clive Davies

Ian~ thank you, Clive! I always wondered about 'brown' sugar! Here's a link about sugar addiction that compares it to heroin addiction in effect.

No comments: