Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Another Way to Alkalize: and it's FREE!

I've been feeling really, really good for the last 3 weeks; even better than normal. I seem to have received a sensory buffer between the many ills of the world, and yet I am still able to cope with them, apply myself and empathise more than ever. I see things of beauty every day and marvel at the small gifts of life; the pattern on a leaf, the shape of a cloud, a comment heard in the heart.

I'm experiencing the effects of a return to meditation. I meditated for many years but it fell away with the needs of the business. Three weeks ago Cassie and I took a week off and spent it at a Stillness In Action Retreat, run by longterm meditators Simon Clough and Bobbi Allan.

The return of joy at contacting the heart on a daily basis has continued. Now we awaken at 5am and sit for an hour. At 6 am we walk the Cape here at Byron Bay and each time I reach the tip of the Cape and take in the vastness of the ocean iand its changing moods, my heart feels... incredible! At seven we have breakfast in the garden and at nine we hit the office.

Alkalizing occurs when we meditate because a byproduct of meditation is even, deep breathing, allowing the body to convert carbonic acid to carbon dioxide and mineral salts. I often wonder whether meditators realise what effect it is having on their body chemistry. Anyone who has viewed 'What The Bleep' has seen the effect of body chemicals on the nervous system, which in turn, has its own effect on the way we think.

By the way, if you'd care to spend seven days regaining your own inner peace, I can really recommend Simon and Bobbi. They have just two more retreats for the year, one in Sydney and one in Adelaide. I should also add that half a day is spent in various meditation practices, and half the day is spent on the work of Dr Joanna Macey, who has been teaching empowerment for over twenty years. Her specialty is working with the fears we have with the 'huge' questions like climate change and nuclear energy, offering us ways that convert that misdirected fear into positive life strategies. Lovely stuff!

If you're interested, here's their site.



No comments: