Monday, October 10, 2011

High Standards of Advertising on the Net

I was on the NY Times website when I found this list of one-line 'sponsors' for the page I was reading. Don't know what you think, but the words 'snake oil' come to mind. They are 'appararently' real life advertisers who have paid NY Times to appear on its website. 

1 "Weird" Trick to get Extremely Cheap Insurance
Ian: Tell 'em you just died.
5 Most Dangerous Pain Drugs. Which Are You Taking? 
Ian: Er.. None?
The Dirty Little Secret About CoQ10
Ian: CoQ10? Dirty?
New way to retire early. Make $30K every 30 days.
Ian: Sign me up!
15 Foods that Kill Belly Fat Now!
Ian:So.. you eat instead of exercise, right?
500K Term Life Less Than $25/month
Ian: You just have to live to 325 years to claim.
Obama has America neck deep in a secret “war”? 
Ian: Which one?
Doctor: Throw out that Fish Oil Supplement 
Ian: ...and buy my supplement!
Eat This and The Fat Pours Out Of You? 
Ian: What an awful visual this ad gives me!
I had High Blood Pressure- Now I Don't in 3 Weeks!
Ian: You don't now? Or will you won't in 3 weeks?
Wife Finds Her Husband's Cure for ED
Ian: And it's her best friend.
Absolute beginner blows away Wall St. pros.
Ian: At what? Billiards?
Male Enhancement Exposed - Pilot Tells His Secret
Ian: Er.. is this an ad for male plastic surgery perhaps?

When will it all end?

No comments: