Wednesday, July 28, 2010

How sweet it is to sell something you can geta good nights' sleep over!

I get a lot of info passing my desk about happenings in the water business.
Today I saw that a company called Eureka Forbes had used nanotechnology in a water filter they are selling in India. My interest was aroused because they are using a technology we are now seeing pop up in Australia. It's claimed to be far more efficient than normal filters and it uses electrostatically charged alumina fibres to attract contaminants. Sounds good, right? Read on..

Now.. as we know, some countries are 'used' for product testing.. but wow! If that's the case, they sure chose the wrong place this time! Their products were hammered by unhappy users.

The technology comes from a company called Argonide, who sell it under the name NanoCeram. of course, I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with it.. for all i know it may not even be in the product these angry consumers are talking about. All I'm saying is that their customer, Eureka Forbes, stirred up quite a hornet's nest in old India.

Here's the link to some very unhappy consumers.

No comments: