Monday, January 22, 2007

Even Cancer Won't Help Some People To Hear.

As I work and learn more and more about acid balance, I learn and deepen in the awareness that ultimately, responsibility for my own health belongs with me and me alone. And so it does with everyone else.

Yesterday we visited a client in Byron Bay. Dhira has begun 'Feel Good' a wonderful little shop with massage chairs, Bemer mats, Circulation Boosters, Massage chairs and much more. Although she works every day all day, she insists that it's not about the money. It's about service and learning. Her service and her learning. She's a joy to be around.

While I was there relaxing in a massage chair, two long time Byron acquaintances came in. 'John' is 4 years younger than my sixty years, florid and well, fat. A lovely man, he has begun to be shaken in his beliefs about health by the deaths and cancers that have begun happening around him. John asked me what I was up to and I showed him Dhira's Alphion water alkalizer, pouring him, his wife Jenny, partaking of a foot massage, and myself a glass of alkaline antioxidant water.

'Jenny's just got over breast cancer.' said John, 'She's got sore feet 'cos the chemo made her put on weight.'

I looked at Jenny and he was right. Her arms and legs were fluid filled. It was obvious that the chemo had conspired with a basically awful, acidic diet to load her up with extra kilos.

I told them about the power of the water, but it was to no avail. Jenny quaffed her glass and said in a loud voice; 'Nah. rainwater's good enough for me. Anyway, I've always been healthy. I've got good health. Aways have.' My incredulity must have shown because she added, ''Except for the cancer, of course.'

You know, there was a time that this would have depressed me. But after all these years, I have come to the conclusion that everyone is always doing their best. If they aren't able, ready or willing to hear what I believe they need, then it's still all for the best.

My mind used to go mad working out new ways to help people like this, but no, no-one can hear until they are ready to hear. And even cancer won't 'ready' some people for their own enlightenment.

No comments: